Hemorrhoids are varicose dilatations in the anal canal covered by the anal mucosa.
Hemorrhoids are usually hereditary. Constipation and pregnancy increase intra-abdominal pressure and promote hemorrhoidal prolapse.
At Hoogstra Medical Centers we use two types of Laser for the non- Surgical treatment of internal and external hemorrhoids.
The Carbon Dioxide Laser that produces cutting and coagulation of hemorrhoids with minimal damage to neighboring tissue.
And the Vascular Laser 980nm and 1,064nm long pulse to produce an intravascular coagulation similar to what is done with vascular pathologies from other regions.
This procedure is performed with local anesthesia and sedation.
If we make a brief comparison between the Laser treatment and conventional surgery we come to the following conclusion.
1. Laser treatment is more effective.
2. Less painful.
3. Shorter recovery time.
4. Less risk to complications.
5. Does not require hospitalization.
6. Can be performed with local anesthesia and sedation, while the surgical requires in most situations general or epidural anesthesia.
7. Laser produces less damage to nearby tissues. Electrocoagulation used in conventional surgery causes more damage, which increases pain, recovery time, and tissue healing.
To ask about this treatment, please enter here.