It is a depression that usually exists and is located in an area between the nose and cheekbone.
The tear channel deepens over the years, this is due to displacement and atrophy of the adipose tissue.
As we age, the peri orbital region will occur the following changes:
- Bulging of palpebral bags.
- Wrinkles and saggy skin of the eyelids.
- Increasing and deepening of the lacrimal groove or channel.
- Lowering the eyebrows.
- What can we do to reverse these signs of aging?
Bulging bags: Since 1994 I have been conducting transconjuntival technique to remove bags under the lower eyelids.
On the upper eyelid I performed a small incision to remove the bags. I believe this surgical technique is the most effective, safe, with absolutely natural results and without down time.
I learn this technique from Dan Calloway Plastic Surgeon., Mayo Clinic, Jackson Ville in 1994.
I invite you to view examples at this link: Eyelid Surgery without scars.
The Best treatment for the Wrinkles and saggy skin of the eyelids is the use of carbon dioxide laser.
View: Co2 Laser Resurfacing.
Deepening the groove or channel Teardrop gives the face a look of old age.
Tear through treatment is a procedure very simple, very fast and with out down time.
I usually fill this groove with hyaluronic acid fillers.
I placed in two levels (sub periosteal and sub dermal).
The result is seen immediately and the patient continues with his normal life immediately.
I recommend not taking painkillers or aspirin 15 days before the procedure.
If the patient perform surgery, is likely to fill the groove with autologous fat (fat autograft).
The advantage of this type of filling is that the result is permanent.
The disadvantage is that the swelling and bruising are higher (because hyaluronic acid is placed with a fine needle, which is less traumatic than the cannula that fat is placed).
Very deep Tear through channel can be seen in very young patients, this is due to anatomical factors heredofamilial.
- In photos 1 and 2 we see a young patient with protrusion of the eyelid bags and a channel deep tear for its age.
- In figure 3 we see an immediate improvement of the depression after filled with Hyaluronic acid.
- Photos 4 and 5 were taken after 5 days of transconjuntival eyelid surgery. You can appreciate the absence of scars, quite naturally result and a very fast recovery.
To learn more about this treatment, please enter here.